1368.jpg

Saint-Martin's Cathedral

The cathedral is a former Episcopal church in Gothic style reconstructed after the First World War. Bishop Jansenius and Court Robert of Bethune, the ‘Lion of Flanders', are buried here.
There is also a beautiful side altar with an altarpiece and the miracle statue of Our Lady of Thuyne.

The tower is 100m high and is not open to the public. The Lapidarium contains the old ruins of Saint Martin's deanery. The monastery building can be visited on the north side of the cathedral.

The cathedral is open to the public, except during  masses. 

Masses are held on Saturday at 5pm and on Sunday at 11 am and 6 pm.