Armistice - Remembrance Day 11 november
Thursday 11 November
- 08.45 A.M. - Commemoration French cemetery St. Charles de Potyse
- 09.15 A.M. - Service in St. Georges Memorial Church
- 09.30 A.M. - Eucharist in the St. Martin's Cathedral
- 10.20 A.M. - Poppy Parade led by Ypres Surrey Pipes & Drums
- 10.30 A.M. - Ceremony at the Belgian Monument
- 11.00 A.M. - Ceremony and Last Post under the Menin Gate (by invitation only)
Follow the livestream on Facebook
- 11.50 A.M. - Parade from Menin Gate to Ypres Main Square
- 08.00 P.M. - Daily Last Post Ceremony under the Mening Gate
Friday 12 November
- 11.00 A.M. - Ceremony at the Indian Monument (Menin Gate)
- Parking is free in Ypres. Please note that the city centre is parking-free from 8 am onwards. Use the peripheral car parks to get to Ypres on foot.
Avoid the zone around the Menin Gate and use the Poterne bridge when parking in the zone of the Sports hall / Leopold III Laan.
See all parking possibilities.
- Parking in the Surmont de Volsberghestraat is reserved for invited guests. Only those with an official parking permit can use these parking spaces.
- Participants in the Poppy Parade have to show a valid Covid Safe Ticket.
Also all guests under the Menin Gate have to show their Covid Safe Ticket.
Invitees of the Last Post Association do so when collecting their ticket under the Nieuwerck on Thursday morning.
- In the Menenstraat spectators are asked to put on a mouth mask.