Ramparts Cemetery is located on the Ramparts, next to the Lille Gate
In 1914 French troops started the installation of the cemetery. From february 1915 to april 1918 it was used by the British. The French tombs were removed after the war.
At first the cemetery contained a lot more graves, but these were moved to other cemeteries. Only 198 graves remained on Ramparts Cemetery. 163 British (9 unidentified), 10 Canadians, 11 Australians and 14 New-Zealanders (which 10 are Maori) have a resting place here.